Dosas and idlis are My fav as my birth state is Tamil nadu I can't even imagine any better breakfast dish to enjoy in the morning. Idli dosa any time in a day is a delight to me, I love them when its home made, But I know we need to wait for a day atleast to enjoy them as it needs fermentation so whenever I carve for some dosas I make the healthy instant wheat flour dosa. So for this month Shhhh cooking secretly my partner sangee had given me two ingredients wheat flour and pepper pd , I thought to make some unique dish in the beginning but I just felt nothing can be better than this simple easy to make in the first place so went on making this dosas.
Wheat flour dosas can be made crispy or soft, the gluten in it tends the dosa to remain soft but it can be crispy even which i will share in other post. This version is the soft one but it can be made crispy too. In normal wheat flour dosa I usually add green chilli but in this I made use of pepper pd for the spice and it married very well and My daughter just enjoyed them as is. Getting a thumbs up from my daughter was like "sone pe suhaga " I had to post this soon ... we just enjoyed in the tea time, My daughter was hungry and asked me for some dosa and so I quickly made her this healthy one...
Wheat flour - 3/4 cup
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Baking soda - a pinch
Pepper pd - 1/2 tsp ( adjust to your taste)
Ghee - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Buttermilk as needed
Oil / ghee for Roasting
- In a bowl mix wheat flour, Rice flour, salt, baking soda,pepper pd, ghee.
- Add Butter milk little by little and make a batter of dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a griddle / tawa, pour a ladle of batter and swirl them with ladle clockwise too form a thin dosa. or first pour the outer boundary for the dosa and then pour bater to fill the inner part.
- Cook them in medium flame , flip and cook the other side.
- Serve these dosas hot with chutney or podi.