These bread rollups are as I said quick to make and kids will sure love them as they look colorful and anything in pinwheel shape kids will sure love them as they eat food virtually first before actually having or tasting them. Even My little one likes a well presented and fancy dishes more than normal sambhar or rasam or any Indian meal..So I try to make some fancy dishes just to make her happy :).. Coming to the rollups , this is very simple recipe and i usually add red cabbage to it but you can innovate and any veggie you like for eg beetroot,radish, celery any veggie you to include or you kids might love. I made them twice as My H finished it all and didn't allow me picture it when made the first time as you can see..For my day 2 post under the theme kids healthy snack box I have made this simple a healthy sandwich rollups .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#43. Lets move on to the recipe..
Bread Slices - 4 Nos
Green Chutney - 1/4 cup ( Any green chutney will do or click here for the recipe)
Grated Carrot - 1/4 cup
Grated Red Cabbage - 1/4 cup
Pepper pd - As needed
Salt as needed
Nylon sev - For garnish ( optional)
- Take the slice of bread trim the brown corners from each slice.
- Roll a slice with a rolling pin .
- Apply green chutney all over the bread slice.
- Spoon the grated carrot and cabbage in one corner of the slice.
- Sprinkle some pepper pd and salt as desired.
- Gently roll the slice and the chutney will help in sticking the corners.
- Wrap it in a cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins or more.
- Slice them into two and serve them ... If you want you can garnish with sev.