MANGO BADAM HALWA
This recipe is kid friendly and kids will carve for it if they r sweet lover. My daughter who is not a sweet lover but still she liked this because of the heavenly taste . Badam are really good for kids as it contains very high Omega-3, should be included in your child's diet if u want to raise a smarter kidoo :) .. my mother used to tell me badam had with kali mirch (whole black pepper ) is so very good for our brain's. Mango added to this halwa increases the taste level and makes the dish unique .
Badam- 1/2 cup heaped
Mango puree- 1/4 cup (thick puree)
Sugar- 1/2 cup heaped
Ghee (clarified butter)- 1/4 cup
Saffron strands - 1 pinch
Elachi powder - 1/2 tsp
Milk- 1/4 cup
- Soak the badam over night or 3-4 hours . peel the skin off n grind the badam with milk to a very smooth paste .
- Heat a nonstick pan or a heavy bottomed pan add sugar and 1/4 cup water to the pan .After the sugar gets dissolved completely simmer the heat and add the ground paste to the syrup and mix it continuously to avoid lumps .
- Add mango puree ,saffron soaked in warm milk , elachi. keep on stirring for 4 - 5 mins.
- Add ghee in regular intervals 1 tsp at a time and stir it well till it leaves the sides of the pan and is no more sticky in consistency .
- Transfer it to a greased plate or a bowl . serve warm .
- After your halwa cools down it gets thickened a little bit cool the mixture a bit and then have it .If u feel that your halwa is still sticky then you can stir them again in the pan and add some more ghee to it for getting the right consistency.
- Halwa's consistency will be better if you cook them in medium heat throughout.