I made all time favorite snack of mine .. yumm it was really delicious..Vegetable Puffs are a wonderful snack option for the days that you want something substantial and you can’t wait very long for it to be made!!They will take you back to the nostalgic ‘college days’. Relive the memories, at least the good parts with this easy recipe! I made the puff pastry sheets ahead and used them as needed..
Lets look for ingredients and method to fill in our puff Pastry's
Home made puff pastry( Eggless ) click here for the recipe
You can even use store bought frozen pastry sheets .. just thaw it for 30 mins and then use ..
Mixed vegetables - 1 cup (I used carrots, French beans, potato and green peas)
Onions - 2, sliced long
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
Capsicum / green bell pepper - 1/2 cup, chopped
Coriander powder /malli podi - 1 tbsp
Jeera /cumin seeds / jeerakam - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Pav bhaji masala - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - a few
Oil - 1 tbsp
Sugar - a pinch
Salt - to taste
- Boil the vegetables until soft and keep aside.
- Heat oil and saute the onions until golden brown. Add the curry leaves, coriander powder, chilli powder and jeera. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Now add the tomatoes and capsicum and fry well till its blended well.
- Finally add the vegetables and salt and sugar and mix well. Cook on open fire for about 5 mins. Don't add water at any stage. The filling should be moist yet thick
To Assemble Puffs Before Baking:
- Take a rectangular strip of rolled out puff pasty sheet and spoon in some filling on one end, leaving enough space on all sides to 'seal' the puff.
- Bring in the other end and seal off the sides. The puff pastry is usually sticky so you wouldn't need anything else to seal it up.
Bake in a preheated oven at 220 Centrigrade for 30 mins until the top is golden brown. You can brush on some milk while still warm out of the oven to make it look prettier and glossier.