Pav bhaji is my all time favorite and i make at home often :) As meenu anuty of Homely food is hosting an event i was searching recipe corner for some recipe and the first recipe name was " pav bhaji" couldn't resist myself to make pav bhaji again and post it here . I already have posted a " Pumpkin pav bhaji" recipe . So this time wanted to post this yummy fast food dish .
4 dinner rolls or pav buns
2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 cup chopped onions
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup French beans
1 no bay leaf
2 no cloves
2 no cardamon
1 tsp Dhania pd
1/4 tsp turmeric pd
1/2 tsp cumin pd
3 tsp pav bhaji masala
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tablespoon Ghee / Clarified butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Boil peas , potato , carrot beans and strain them.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add cloves , bay leaves, cardamon .
- Then add ginger garlic paste saute , then stir in onions .
- Cook until onions are transparent. Add tomatoes, and cook until nicely mashed.
- Stir in boiled peas, carrots, beans and potatoes. Season with Red chilli pd , cumin pd ,dhania pd, turmeric pd, pav bhaji masala, season with salt. Keep on mashing the mixture with a masher till they are not visible. My hubby like's when some veggie's are visible so i didn't mash it completely .
- Toast the dinner rolls or pav buns , and spread lightly with ghee. Serve garnished with butter,chopped onion, lemon wedge and cilantro.
- You can use any variety of veggies you like .. Meenu anuty even suggested brinjal . I haven't tried with brinjal will surely try it next time i make.
- You can even try my "Pumkin in Pav bhaji" for variation.
- You can also try making green bhaji by adding all grean leafy veggies .
- Misal pav is an perfect way to make bhaji for pav if you don't have veggies available.