My h Loves channa masala and he keeps asking for it again n again. So made these delicious channa masala with potato combination . These were even more delicious and the combination works out very well. Thanks to meenu anuty for this recipe :)This recipe is from Homely Food :)
Chick peas/Kabuli channa (soaked overnight) – 1 cup
Potatoes (medium sized) – 1 no
Onion (chopped) - 1 no
tomato (chopped - 2 no's
Asafoetida - a pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander and cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 3 – 4
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/4 bunch
Salt - to taste
- Soak the chick peas in water overnight in sufficient water as the chick peas grow in size after soaking them.
- Pressure cook the chick peas and the chopped potatoes with some salt. Cook to 2-3 whistles or till the chick peas become tender. Keep the cooked chick peas aside.
- Take a pan, Heat oil in it and place it on a slow flame. Then add asafoetida, Add the green chillies, ginger garlic paste and chopped onion, saute them till translucent.
- Then add tomatoes and saute them till they are well cooked now cool this mixture and blend it in a blender.
- Now heat some oil in a Stir it till it changes color to become light brown. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander pd and cumin powder and cook them till the raw smell goes of and the oil leaves on the side .
- Add in the cooked channa and potato to the gravy and cook them for 10 mins .
- If you feel the consistency of the gravy being thick you can add water and make it desired consistency as you like.
- Adjust the seasonings if required. Let this mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes till the gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with any indian bread .
- If you want this gravy to be more richer you can add cream to it in the end.
- If want to skip tomatoes and onion for some reasons you can use tamarind and besan to make this a gravy consistency , But the taste may differ and they are delicious even.
Sending to Homely Food