Today in the second day of BM 4 th week as you all might be knowing I have chosen combo platter for this week as theme and thinking of making some innovative platter I came up with this delicious combo platter which includes Bottle gourd broccoli stalk tikki , tikki sandwich and Chocolate chai . This was an unusual combo but they went well together . In this cold weather any thing had Hot and warm feels so good so I made this delicious combo platter of tikki sandwich with chai for our evening refreshments . Chai is always a very important Indian drink which when accompanied with any savory makes it a perfect Tea time snack . Here I have accompanied Tikki sandwich , Tikki as an evening tea time snack .
Tikki's are my all time fav i have made bottle gourd tikki's couple of times but this time I added Broccoli stalk to it and they tasted yummy and this is the healthy way you can sneak in some healthy veggies which your kids are not a fan of. My H loved the tikki's and sandwich where as I enjoyed the chocolate flavoured chai. I am not fond of tea but with chocolate in it I was unable to resist and taste them . So here is My second Combo platter for BM33 .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#33.
For Bottle gourd and Broccoli stalk tikki
Bottle gourd - 1 cup grated
Broccoli stalk - 1/2 cup grated
Bread slices - 2
Rice flour - 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli pd - 1/2 tsp (as needed )
Chaat masala - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
Bread crumbs - For coating
Oil for shallow frying
Bread slice - 2 No
Green chutney - 3 -4 tbsp ( I used coriander chutney )
Prepared Bottle gourd and Broccoli stalk tikki - 1No
oil for Toasting
For Chocolate chai
Milk - 1 cup
Cocoa pd - 1 tbsp
Chai pathi / Tea pd - 2 tbsp
Sugar as required
Bottle gourd and broccoli stalk Tikki
- In a bowl put grated bottle gourd, grated broccoli stalk, garam masala, turmeric pd, red chilli pd, salt , crumble the bread slice, rice flour and mix them well.
- After they are well combined divide them into equal parts and shape them into desired shapes.
- In a plate put bread crumbs and coat the shaped cutlets with bread crumbs from all over.
- Heat a tawa place the Tikki's drizzle some oil and shallow fry them from both sides till golden brown.
- After they turn golden brown from both sides remove them from tawa and keep them aside.
To make Tikki sandwich
- Take two bread slice and spread green chutney in one side of both the slices .
- Keep the Tikki in a middle of a bread slice and cover it with the other slice on top of it , chutney side facing down.
- Now heat a griddle / Tawa place the assembled bread slices and toast them till golden brown from both sides.Drizzle some oil if needed.
- Press the toast a bit while toasting
- Serve them Hot with any sauce .
- In a saucepan heat milk add sugar , chai pathi and boil them .
- After you get a boil add cocoa pd and milk well .
- Simmer the flame and boil them for 10 minutes till you get the nice aroma of tea and also when the color changes switch off the flame .
- Strain it in a cup and sip this Hot chocolate tea with Tikki sandwich .
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste.
- In chocolate chai you can increase the amount of cocoa pd if you like.