Today am here with a kongu nadu recipe which is one of my fav region from tamil nadu I love to cook and enjoy the kongu nadu recipes . Have seen this delicious rice preparation in a friends home and they tasted yumm . Kongunadu is an western region in Tamil nadu and the food has a slight variation too. Arisemparupu, famously known only in Kongu region is an one pot meal which is quick to make and has its own goodness in taste. My H loved this delicious arisemparupu and make them again N again . This is a very very quick to make one pot meal which taste so yummy and I served this yummy rice with Potato vadhakal . Lets move to the recipe quickly !!
Rice - 1 cup
Toor / Tuvar dal - 1/2 cup
Whole Red chilli - 2 No
Green chilli - 2 No ( split)
Channa dal - 1 tbsp
Urad dal - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 No Medium size ( Chopped)
Tomato - 1 No large size ( Chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Sambhar pd - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Water - 3 - 4 cups or as required
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add mustard seeds, once they splutter add curry leaves, urad dal, channa dal .
- Saute them till they are light brown in color.Add ginger garlic paste , green chillies and whole redchillis and saute .
- Add the chopped onion and saute them for a while till they turn translucent .
- Now add tomatoes and cook them till they turn mushy.
- Add sambhar pd ,turmeric pd , salt and mix well .
- Now add the washed rice and toovar dal and mix well.
- Add required amount of water to cook them in pressure cooker I used 3 1/2 cup water here.
- Close the lid and cook the rice for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Once the pressur subsides open the lid and mix the rice gently .
- Serve them hot with potato fry or any stir fry.