I love to make pizza at home fresh from scratch and have been experimenting with different sauces and topping . We have a very good indian pizza shop in our neighborhood , we visit them many times and after tasting their chutney pizza i was so inspired to try them at home . They tasted so yummy and delicious and a unique taste makes it so wanting . If you are bored with the same old tomato sauce based pizza then this green chutney pizza might attractive you visually and also taste wise it is so yummier .
I chose this week's theme as pizza for BM and am so happy to share this very appealing and delicious pizza with chutney it in it totally desi style you may say. My H loves green chutney's a lot and so this pizza is like a heaven to him . I had fun making pizza from scratch at home. So here is my first pizza for this week . .Check Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35
For pizza dough
Refer my veggie pizza post to make pizza dough
I used one half part of the dough for this recipe
For Green Chutney
Coriander Leaves -1 bunch
Mint leaves - 1 cup
Tamarind - 1 small marble size / 1 tsp
salt to taste
Green chillies- 3-4 No ( adjust according to your taste)
Paneer - 1/2 cup ( cubed)
Capsicum - 1/4 cup ( I took 3 different colors)
Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup ( grated)
In a blender blend all the ingredients together till a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 350 F - 400 F
- Roll the dough on a work surface keep dough slightly thick around the edges. Prick the rolled dough so that they don't puff up.
- Bake the base on a pizza tray for 10 mins .
- Remove it from the oven , then spread chutney add the topping, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and bake them on the rack for 15 - 20 mins or till the corners turn golden brown and if you wish a crispy crust the bake a little longer.
- Using a pizza cutter cut the pizza into four and enjoy them warm .
- You can add any veggie topping of your choice but paneer and capsicum taste good .
- Adjust the green chillies for chutney as per your spice level .