I wanted to try a mug cake in pressure cooker for a long time and here I got a nice chance to try one to go with my pressure cooker theme in BM . I tried a basic vanilla mug cake with chocolate chips and they turned out too delicious and If you Like the cake gooey then 15 - 20 min is ample time to cook them in a pressure cooker . As for a microwave it might take only 2 - 5 mins to bake them but if you don't have MW then am sure all will have Pressure cooker at home for sure so you can bake in your pressure cooker too .This is a gooey cake which is super moist and so yummy . Chocolate chips added a pudding like texture to it visually and tempted me a lot while making . I was so tempted that I just pricked fork to dig in the mug cake then I realized OH MY !! I forgot to take a snap :P So I cud n't take a domed mug cake pic it domed well and after few mins it settled down. Click here for Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#35.
Maida/ All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Baking pd - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Curd - 1/4 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate chips - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients without any lumps in a mug .
- take a pressure cooker keep any tray or a bowl one which you can place the mug in to the pressure cooker .
- Cover the lid and preheat the cooker for 5 mins .
- Now open the lid and place the mug and cover the lid of the cooker.
- Note : Do not put the whistle at any time it may lead to bursting of cooker as no water is added.
- Now in a low flame cook the mug cake for 15 - 20 mins till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean .
- If the cake batter sticks to the tooth pick cook for some more minutes .
- This mug cake will be gooey and light, chocolate chips add an amazing taste to this mug cake .