Sweets are always an delectable part of any course meal and rajasthan is know for its rich and delightful sweets. There are so many delicious rajasthani sweets which includes Ghevar , mawa kachori , and many kinds of sheera :) . So for my last challenge of IFC ( International food Challenge ) I choose the halwa platter to end it with a sweet note many Thanks to shobana and saraswathi who are the brain child of this group.
As you might have seen myRajasthani festive platter, Rajasthani Kachori am ending the platter season with with this delicious sheera / Halwa platter . There are so many varieties of halwa's but these 3 halwa are most popular in a mawari home . Theses halwa's are made for any festive occasion and they are very delicious when had warm. So for this weeks BM I got this delicious halwa platter for dessert theme which can be served after meal giving some choices to choose to guest or family members I have here 3 different varieties of Rajasthani halwa. Click here Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35
Atte ka sheera
whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
water ( boiled) - 1- 1 1/2 cups
Jaggery pd - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 3 tbsp ( add more if you find wheat flour is dry while roasting )
almonds , cashews ( chopped) - 2 tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the whole wheat flour till an nice aroma is released and its color changes to nice brown .Keep on stirring else it will burn .
- Add boiled water little by little it will start sizzling keep on stirring .
- once you can add all the water mix well till it absorbs all the water .
- Now add the powdered jaggery and mix till it melts well.
- Now cook the halwa till it leaves out ghee until then keep on stirring.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve them warm .
Singoda flour / water chestnut flour - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
jaggery pd - 1/2 cup
Nut for garnish
water - 1- 11/2 cup ( boiled)
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan then add singoda flour and keep stirring till the flour turn brown in color .
- Add the boiled water and stir continuously with out forming any lumps.
- Now after all the water is absorbed and jaggery pd .
- After the jaggery melts keep on stirring and cook the halwa till it leaves out the sides of the pan.
- Serve them warm garnished with some nuts.
Moong dal / Split yellow lentil - 1/4 cup
Ghee/ clarified Butter - 3 tbsp
Mawa/ Khoa - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup ( adjust to your taste)
Cashew nuts , almonds , pistachios - few chopped ( For garnish )
- Wash the moong dal well and soak it in water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the lentils and Finely grind them without adding water to it .
- Heat ghee in a kadai / wok . Now add the ground lentil paste and roast it nicely till light brown in a very low flame , this might take some time.
- After they turn a light brown color and leaves out an heavenly aroma .
- Add sugar and mix them well , cook them til the halwa leaves the sides of the pan.
- At last add mawa and Mix them well till they are combine well and leaves out ghee.
- Serve warm with nuts garnished .
- You can store this halwa for 5-6 days in refrigerator.
- Wram it when when serving.