Its cold here and I so wanted to bake some bread but was in thought bcoz of the cold weather here It was tough for me . So the day when the baking bug bit me and so i started and making my home warmer thought of baking the bread which was challenged by Rachana of Second Helping which was a perfectly made spongy bread. They where too good I will be to making them again and again :) Thank you so much rachana for sharing wonderful bread recipe.
As the name specifies its made with 50 % whole wheat and rest is maida/ ALP flour . This bread is a perfect daily bread which just is so so soft and fantastic to make sandwiches , or just to toast them spread some butter and enjoy. They are so very soft like pillow which will make you try them again and again . I have made lot breads and this is one of my from all . Linking this here - Spicy Treats is hosting a new event named " Love 2 bake" ..Now quickly we will move on to the recipe..
Maida/ All purpose flour - 1 cup
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Yeast - 14 g / 4 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 2tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Margarine - 2 tsp
Butter - 1-2 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
- Sieve wheat flour and maida in a bowl add salt and mix them well .
- Heat water in a microwave for 40 sec , add sugar and sprinkle yeast on it.
- Keep them a side for 10 - 15 mins till the yeast gets activated and you see some foamy bubbles in them.
- Now add this yeast water to the flour and make a soft and elastic dough.
- At first it might be a little sticky but after kneading for a while it should be a very soft dough.
- Lightly flour the work surface drop the dough and knead them well by stretching and pulling the dough well .
- Throw them and knead the on the work surface for 10 - 15 mins . Roll the dough .
- In a greased bowl transfer the dough and greased the a bit on the surface . Cover with a cloth and rest them for 20- 30 min till they double in size ( This depends on the weather how warm it is ).
- Once the dough doubles in size punch them and knead them once . Then roll the dough using rolling pin and fold the side from both corners.
- Pinch the folded seam part and shape them in loaf form and transfer them to a greased loaf pan the seam side ,Brush a little milk and and keep the covered in warm place for second proving .
- It might take 30 - 45 mins .
- Pre heat the oven at 220 F .
- Once the dough doubles in size brush some milk on the surface and bake them for 30 - 40 mins till you see a Golden brown crust.
- Brush a little butter after they are done and transfer the dough on a wire rack to cool .
- Cool them for 2-3 hours before slicing to get clean cut.
- Enjoy this super spongy and soft bread with some fruit jam spread or toasted or for sandwich.
Sending to Jagruti's Potluck party