For this months HBC challenge priya aks choose an delicious collection of french recipes . This is going to be the first HBC post for the new year, starting with a eggless french cookies, I made these Biscuits Sablés and they were so yummy . Like any other short bread cookies they are super quick to whip and make . This is actually a round short bread cookies but I have given a square shape though. They are super soft and yummy cookies as any other short bread cookies. These cookies normally contains egg but Priya aks gave us this yummy eggless recipe.
Thanks to priya aks for suggesting a very very delicious list of french recipes. This cookies where so yummy and we enjoyed it a lot . Let move on to the recipe quickly !! Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36.
Recipe Source : Priya's Versatile Recipes
2+1/2 cups All purpose flour
1 cup Softened Butter
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Milk or water
- Beat the butter and sugar together until they turns light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract, milk or water, beat for few minutes.
- Now add the flour and mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough between two ungreased baking sheets and flatten slowly with a rolling pin.
- Using a cookie cutter,cut the cookies from the rolled dough.
- Transfer the unbaked cookies to a baking sheet lined over a baking tray.
- Transfer the unbaked cookies to a baking sheet lined over a baking tray.Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake in medium rack for 15-18 minutes or until set.
- Cool the cookies on baking sheets. Store in a air tight container.