I had Bookmarked these cookies for so long and here I got chance to try this yummy and very very addictive cookies bcoz of BM theme. As you all know this week I had chosen cookies theme and these yummy and awesome cookies I had bookmarked from the most popular chef in blogosphere viji . Only recently she had got her own domain so I dedicate this treat as an virtual appreciation to Viji of Viruthu unna vanga. Congratz on your new domain viji , keep rocking. So coming to the cookies I chose viji's replica of Sunfeast Dark fantasy choco fill cookies which tempted me a lot I had to make it. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36.
Am so thankful to viji for the amazing recipe they tastes yummy . Becoz of cold weather here my choco filling got set the other day but I warmed them again in oven for a couple of mins and then enjoyed them.They are seriously very addictive do try it . It was hard for me to just stop myself by having a cookie , very tempting one. .Without any further ado I will move on to the recipe ..
Recipe Source : Viruthu Unna Vanga
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 11/4 Cup
Cocoa powder – 2 Tbsp
Unsalted Butter – 1/2 Cup
Powder sugar – 3/4 Cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 Tsp
Broken Chocolate Chunks (dairy milk / any cooking chocolate) – 4 Tbsp ( As required to stuff)
Egg Substitute - 2 Tbsp of water + 1 Tbsp of oil + 2 Tsp of Baking Powder = 1 egg
Add all the ingredients together in a bowl in the same order and beat it well till comes frothy.
- In a bowl add butter and powder sugar beat it till smooth creamy.
- Now prepare the egg substitute add 2 Tbsp from the mixture to the butter and beat it well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the maida and cocoa powder together and add to the wet ingredients and fold it well.
- If the dough is sticky thats ok bcoz we are going to transfer the dough to the plastic cover and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins take the dough from the refrigerator and divide into small balls, you can take 1 Tbsp of dough for uniform size.
- Line the cookie tray using parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- Flat the cookie dough, keep the broken cooking chocolates in the center and cover it and roll the once and slightly press them in disc shape. The cookies will spread slightly so leave enough gap in between each cookie
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes.