For this week of BM I had chosen Cookies and have already shared a french short bread cookie for day one .. For day to I made a delicious custard cookies , I always wanted to try this custard pd cookies and I at last tried my own recipe and it turned out yummy. Cookies are favorites tea time or pass time snack for us. I am sure all might be having cookies with a cup of tea or coffee most of the kids love the crispy cookies and one such cookies is these custard cookies . As we know custard pd is made with corn flour in it gives these cookies a slight crunchy outer part and soft from in , they are very flavorful and yummy .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36.
My H enjoyed them with a glass of milk and he was so attracted by the color the custard pd gives . These are perfect to serve to your guest with a cup of tea / coffee . My friend sangee of Spicy Treats is hosting a new event named " Love 2 bake" am so happy to be apart of it and these cookies will be my first entry for the event. Lets move to the quick and easy cookies recipe..
Custard pd - 3 tbsp ( I used vanilla flavor)
Sugar - 5 tbsp
All Purpose Flour - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup or 1 stick ( softened at room temperature)
Vanilla extract - few drops
- Pre heat the oven at 350 F.
- Mix the softened butter till smooth add sugar and mix them well to a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add all purpose flour, custard pd , vanilla extract and mix them well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal parts , roll them using your palm and flatten them a little.
- Place these flatten disc in a cookie tray lined with parchment paper .
- For the impression press the fork flat on on the top of the cookie slightly.
- Bake the cookies at 350 F for 10 - 15 mins.
- Cool them on a wire rack once done baking.