Til ke ladoo is a very healthy and winter special ladoo which is generally made for makar sakranti / lohri. I always wanted to make this til ke ladoo and this was the perfect season to make them and keep us warm . Sesame seeds ladoo is a very delicious ladoo which which includes bengal gram , peanuts and they are so healthy as they are made with jaggery . They can be stored for 15 days and had when ever you like.
As you all know I have joined this group "Sweet fantasy club" whose brain child is preeti ,a wonderful blogger author of " Simply tadka" . This is our challenge for this month under fusion Dessert was Til ke ladoo for makar sakrati spl . This month too preeti has chosen two wonderful indian and international sweet and dessert , thanks preeti for this wonderful challenge again.
White sesame seeds - 3/4 cup
Bengal gram (channa dal), roasted - 1/4 cup
Peanuts, roasted and coarsely powdered- 1/4 cup
Green cardamom powder- a pinch
Jaggery (gur), grated- 1/2 cup
Ghee- 1 tablespoon
- Dry-roast the sesame seeds in a non-stick pan on low heat till light brown. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl. Dry-roast the dried coconut in the same pan on low heat till light brown. Add to the sesame seeds in the bowl and mix.
- Add the roasted Bengal gram and roasted peanuts, Bend them in a mixture till fine powder . Add the cardamom powder , roasted sesame to it and mix.
- Keep the mixture warm. Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add the jaggery and cook till it attains a soft- ball consistency. Add the sesame seed mixture and mix well. Divide the mixture into thirty equal portions and roll them into round laddoo while the mixture is still hot.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.