I love sweets with veggies , they are healthy for kids even though loaded with ghee and sugar growing kids need them isn't. I have made carrot, lauki, beetroot halwa but the very attractive amobg all halwa which has its own natural vibrant color is Beetroot halwa. I love the color of beetroot and in halwa they are very attractive as we don't need to add any extra coloring agent to it and they look amazing with their natural color. As all will be knowing beetroot is very healthy veggie rich in vitamins and minerals they make a sweet dish more delicious.
This Month am paired with prachi and she challenged an very tempting beetroot halwa which we enjoyed a lot its our family fav . Thanks Prachi for bring this yummy and attractive halwa. This halwa is perfect with any meal and tastes deliicous when had warm. Perfect sweet to make for any occassion. Over to the recipe
Recipe Source : Prachi's veg kitchen
1 cup grated Beetroot
2 tbsp Ghee
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
3 tbsp Mava / Khoya
Nuts - For garnish
Cardamom pd -1/4 tsp
- In a sauce pan heat ghee and put the grated beetroot.
- Saute them for few mins and the add Milk.
- Let the milk evaporate and beetroots are cooked well.
- After milk evaporated completely add sugar.
- Now again the mixture would be liquidy after the sugar dissolves.
- Wait the mixture somes together .
- Add mava/khoya and cardamom pd .
- Mix them well till combined.
- Stir them constantly and wait till the halwa leaves the sides of the pan.
Sending to Jagruti's Potluck party