I love fried rice a lot especially the with Manchurian just delicious combo they are just die for . For the 3 day of BM I wanted make this Indonesian style fried rice but found that it was originally a non veg i checked some blogs , Then as some blogs suggested to use vegetables for vegetarian I gave it a try . I used beans , carrot and cabbage as we use them in any normal fried rice and made a tomato base paste to get the red color .They taste very very delicious and so aromatic , the garlic brings out so much of flavor to this dish and makes it more healthy even .
Nasi Goreng literally means fried rice is said to be the national dish of Indonesia and is most rice variety in that country . For veg version of nasi goreng you can company them with cucumber, onion , tomatoes slices and fried shallots . There are two these fried rice are made one is with use of fish and other is said as "kecap manis" which is nothing but using sweet soy sauce in this recipe. They taste very delicious and a perfect dinner platter to enjoy after you loved one is at home .Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#37
1 1/2 cups Basmati rice (you can use Brown rice too)
1 large carrot ( peeled and chopped)
1/4 cup French beans chopped
1/4 cup Carrot Chopped
1/2 head of cabbage, finely shredded
1 medium sized Onion
1/4 cup chopped Green capsicum
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce with 1 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp Red chilli sauce ( Optional)
salt to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large ripe tomato ( Chopped)
5 garlic pods ( minced)
3-4 dry / fresh red chillies
2 tbsp chopped Almonds
1 bunch spring onion greens, chopped/ Cilantro Optional
- Soak the rice for 15 mins then cook them either in pressure cooker or in a rice cooker by adding 1 1/2 - 2 cups of water. The rice should be in nice grains once cooked spread them on a wide plate add few drops of oil and spread them so that the rice grains don't stick with each other.
- Grind the tomato, garlic , red chillies, almonds together to form a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- In a large wok, heat the oil on medium and the chopped onions.Then add ground paste saute them till they leave out oil and the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the carrots, beans and cabbage and saute them till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked rice, salt, black pepper, Red chilli sauce and sweet soy sauce.
- Mix well till well combined
- Garnish this spring onion greens or cilantro.
- You can increase the quantity of veggies if you like to take them more, but also increase the quantity of other ingredients as per your taste .
- Rice should necessarily if cooked a head and cooled so that they remain in grains and don't stick. Leftover basmati rice will too work good.