I love cheesecakes a lot and if it mango then I would sure dig in without Uttering a word. They are just super light and sinful dessert which I think no one can resist. When I show this months HBC challenge I was so sure to make this thanks to Siri Nuggehalli of The Brave Cook for suggesting this decadent and sinful dessert with more delicious recipes I am sure gonna try the eggless macaroon from the list soon.. Coming to the cheese cake these were super light and I can never say No to a mango flavored dessert just loved them and even got very gud feedback from H.
Loaded with cream cheese and cream makes its loaded with calories but some time I just forget about the calories just want to live my life enjoying the moment with a delicious dessert in hand, What more I can ask for .. I just enjoyed is super light and yummy cheese cake a lot. I made the Mango sponge which went very well with cheese cake though some cheesecake has graham crackers as the base I don't like them instead this was a very yummy way of putting cake as the base. This time for a change enjoyed this baked and chilled dessert from HBC.
Recipe Source : Here
For The Sponge Cake 1 eggless sponge cake (7" Preferably) I used the yellow mango sponge cake which I shared earlier Click Here for the recipe
For The Cheesecake Mixture
8 oz. 225 gm cream cheese
1 mangoes peeled and pureed
2 tbsp thick curd /dahi
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
3/4 cup Sugar (Adjust to your taste)
2 tsp Agar agar
To Be Mixed Into A Soaking Syrup 1 cup water 1 tbsp sugar
For The Garnish few chopped nuts and
- Slice the sponge cake into two horizontally. Use only one layer of the sponge I used the bottom one.
- In a bowl mix soft cheesecake mix , curds and sugar till they are smooth , you can use the help of your hand blender .
- In a pan bring 1/2 cup of water and agar powder to a boil, Boil in low flame till the pd dissolves completely..
- Turn off the heat and cool them . Now add the mango pulp and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Add the mango agar mixture in to the smooth cream cheese mixture and mix them.
- In another bowl whip the cream till soft peaks form and mix gently with the mango cream cheese mixture.
- Place one layer of the sponge cake on the bottom of a loose bottomed 150 mm. (6") diameter cake tin. I lined the cake tray with a cling wrap so that it is mess free while unmoulding else You can arrange them in a single serving glass too.
- Sprinkle the soaking syrup over the sponge.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the sponge and refrigerate till set. Unmould from the tin and cut them into squares.
- Serve chilled garnished with some nuts and cherry.I even topped them with a little sweetened mango puree.
Linking this to Love to bake hosted By Spicy treats