As you all be knowing am in the Naan spree for BM this week , it was really an delicious week for us experimenting varieties of naan and this will be my last naan for the week. Naan are always said to a fav Indian bread all over India and they are prepared in so many different ways and there can be many number of variations done to it.I had a thought to make multigrain naan for long time now and I take this opportunity to share is super healthy and flavorful Naan .Multi grain flour is rich in fiber and I love to include them as my kidooo is growing quickly and I want her to try and enjoy new things which am introducing to her.
So I made this super healthy naan and added to the naan is the all time favorite garlic naan. Garlic is something I love the most and my in laws were totally opposite, thanks to H allowed me to have garlic and now he too enjoys it ;) .. Garlic Naan always my pick if it comes to favorites in naan, But i thought of making it more healthy and tried them with multi grain flour , they just taste yummier than the usual one .. The other Naan I to have in the neighborhood restaurant is "Bullet Naan" which is nothing but Hot green chillies are topped on them I will post the recipe some time. Instead of the usuall garlic and coriander combo I tried adding spring onions to them and addition of butter and black sesame makes more delectable and I served them with palak paneer, they tasted just yummm.. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38. Now with out further ado lets move on to the recipe.
Multigrain Flour - 4 cups + For dusting
Rapid rise yeast - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Spring onion greens - 1/2 cup ( Chopped)
Garlic - 3 tbsp ( Minced and chopped)
Black sesame seeds- 2 tsp
Warm milk - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup at room temperature ( Use as you need)
Salt to taste
- In a bowl add flour, salt, sugar, yeast and mix them well.
- Now gradually add milk little by little and knead them to a soft dough.
- Cover and rest them for 1 hr till they are double the size.
- After the dough is risen punch the dough and knead them for 5 mins.
- Divide the dough in to equal parts, take one part and roll them with a rolling pin in to circle.
- Spread some 2 tsp of butter and fold the circle in to half , then fold them again to quarter to for a triangle shape.
- Dust some flour if kneaded and roll them in triangle shape.
- After you roll to 1 inch thick sprinkle chopped garlic , spring onion greens and black sesame .
- Roll them slowly on the dough with rolling pin so that the topping is well impressed in to the naan.
- Heat a griddle and place this rolled naan on them to cook.
- Cook the one side and then flip and cook the other sides till you see brown spots.
- Once they are done transfer them to a plate and brush extra butter on them if needed.
- Enjoy these soft and healthy naan with a spicy gravy.