For this months SNC challenge Sowmya of Nivedhanam is Hosting from south team and santosh bangar is hosting from north team . They have challenged two delicious dishes and we got this delicious dosa challenge I was so happy to make them as they were very delicious and equally healthy too :). Thanks to sowmya for sharing this mind blowing breakfast dosa. Sowmya had used the whole pearl millet's as i didn't find them here in US I made a choice of using the bajra flour. I am super fan of bajra roti and this was a yummy way to try an south Indian dish with bajra. As you all be knowing the facts about bajra let me not go detailed on it health benefits and move about the recipe.
Kambu dosa can be prepared in two with addition of rice or without. The version which sowmya shared was a soft dosa version and to make it crispy I even tried the with addition of raw rice in my second batch . I will be posting the crisp version in a separate post. This is the soft version bajra dosa which was so soft and the veggies added to it makes it so yummy. This the perfect filling and delicious way to start a day filled with fiber this dosa stay soft even when they are cold if store in a hot case. My daughter just love it and I was so happy that she is having something healthy :) You know the mom's happiness right when kids eat healthy food we just feel that happiness can't explain in words.. Ok enough of my blah blahhh lets move to the recipe thanks sowmya a ton :)
Recipe source : Nivedhanam
Bajra Flour - 2 cups
Urad dal - 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger - 1 'inch piece (Chopped)
Carrot - 1/4 cup ( grated)
coriander leaves - 1/4 cup ( grated)
curry leaves - 2 -3 sprigs
Green chillies - 2-3 tbsp ( chopped)
Pepper Pd - 1 tbsp ( or as needed)
Oil / ghee as needed
- Wash and soak the urad dhal and fengreek together for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the water and in a blender grind them with little water to a smooth batter like you grind for idlies or dosas.
- Now transfer the urad dal batter to a bowl and in the same blender add bajra flour and little water and pulse them.
- Make a smooth batter by adding little water at a time to the bajra flour.
- Now Mix the bajra batter in to the urad dal batter .
- Mix them till well combined and add salt.
- Leave the batter to ferment over night.
- Next day give the batter a mix add the grated carrots, corinader leaves , curry leaves, ginger,green chillies,pepper pd
- Mix them well add water if needed or if the batter is too thick to spread on a tawa.
- Heat a tawa, simmer the flame and spread the batter in to round shape and drizzle some oil or ghee.
- Once the dosa is lightly browned from one side flip and cook the dosa till you see some light brown spots.
- Serve them hot with any chutney and sambhar.