Birthdays are spl days which surely have to be celebrated so that we know how much our friends love us and care for us , if its virtual its a must bcoz we can treat our friends at least virtually. Blogging have given me so much happiness with some very kind friends who are very fun to be with, today is a cheerful friends birthday and how can I miss to give a virtual treat for her. Yes today is Priya Ranjit author of Cook like priya's birthday and you all might be knowing she is a very sweet person whom I found through this blogging world , she is very helpful and a very kind person and She is one person who have always encouraged me and helped me to improve my blog every time. She herself is an awesome blogger , I love her blog designing and her collection of recipes a lot :). On her birthday am feeling happy to bring some treats from my kitchen as an virtual surprise for her.
For priya's virtual b'day party we friends planned to make some treat with pink as she likes pink a lot. I had so many plans but ended up making 3 pink delights for her party. I made strawberry truffles , Beet Strawberry pesto pasta and Strawberry Creamsicle .
I will share the other recipes shortly for now here is the Strawberry Truffles. Strawberries are my fav and love them in cakes a lot so I made show truffles flavored with fresh pureed strawberries and coated with milk chocolate. I gave the chocolate a pink color to go with theme. This is a perfect treat to impress your loved ones and I made it specially for priya :) Hope she like it... Now moving on to the recipe...
1 Tin condensed Milk
1 cups Milk
3/4 Strawberry Puree
1/4 cup Oil
Few drops Vanilla Extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour/ maida
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
Pink color - 1-2 drops ( I didn't use if you want you add in the batter)
Butter cream Frosting ( Vanilla) - 2 cups ( Use as needed)
Shortening or oil - 2- 3 tbsp
Candy melts ( I used Pink color, add pink color if using white chocolate) - 1 cup ( Melt them in double boiler of in microwave for 30 sec )
- Preheat the oven at 350 F for 15 minutes. Grease a cookie tray and line the parchment paper on it .
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder,Baking soda and salt, Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, Mix butter, condensed milk, Strawberry Puree ,Milk till well combined .
- Add the vanilla extract and Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture into the flour mixture little by little stiring constantly and ensuring that there are no lumps formed .
- At the end add apple cider and fold in the batter.
- Fill the lined tray with batter and bake them at 350 C till a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean this takes only 10 -15 mins as it is sheet cake
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- After it cools crumble them and add Butter cream as needed till you get a smooth dough like consistency.
- Divide the in to equal parts and make balls .
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler or in microwave add shortening or oil as needed to make the melted chocolate a little Flowing in consistency.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate coat them well and lift it using a fork , tap the fork so that the excess chocolate will fall.
- Keep the coated truffle on a parchment paper and let the chocolate set .
- After they set drizzle some chocolate syrup or melted chocolates on them .
Linking this to Love to bake hosted By Spicy treats