This week is Naan spl as I picked Naan as my theme for BM this week, I noticed that I didn't have single Naan bread in my recipe list and so I thought of starting from the basic easy to make Naan breads. So I stopped my hands from doing any innovation for now and starting the easy to make naan breads first. My H loves naan a lot but he doesn't like to take maida more and so I found an healthy way to make him happy by making wheat flour naan. First when I made these naan he was actually surprise really naan's can be made with wheat flour ? and he enjoyed these soft and healthy naans , Now he prefers whole wheat naans than the regular one's.
This Naan is 100% wheat flour and is again an yeast free like the Tawa naan I posted, To make wheat flour naan super soft I kneaded the dough with warm milk with the addition of yogurt they were extremely soft as for any regular Naan. These healthy naans can be had with any gravy and they taste absolutely delicious. So for Naan lover this is another variety of naan you can with out complaining about the health benefits.Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#38. Over to the recipe..
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
1 tsp Baking pd
1/4 tsp Baking soda
3 tbsp Yogurt
3/4 cup Warm milk
1 tsp Kalonji / Onion seeds
Ghee as needed
salt to taste
- In a bowl put flour, baking pd, baking soda, salt and mix them well.
- Add yogurt and mix them well in the flour till you see crumbs like consistency.
- Now make a well and add required amount of warm milk make a soft dough.
- Rest them for an hour to 2 and them knead them well til they are smooth.
- Divide the dough in to equal parts.
- Dust some flour on the working surface roll an part of the dough and roll them into oblong shape or a circle shape.
- Heat an tawa or a non stick pan and place the rolled naan on it.
- Cook one side and flip the naan and cook evenly both sides till you see brown spots.
- Remove from pan and spread some ghee/ butter if needed.
- Top it with kalonji, serve hot with any gravy or kofta curry .