We a group of food bloggers started a new event and named it as "Vegan Thursday", This event starts from today .The main motto of this event is to share vegan dishes from any cuisine. Most of our Indian foods are vegan, Obviously most of our daily routine foods we make eatare vegan without our knowledge. products, eggs, and any animal derived substances like honey. So we a bunch of food bloggers will be showcasing our vegan foods during thursday's this event will be held twice a month. We will be posting the first week's Thursday and last week's Thursday of every month .This vegan Thursday don't have any theme and the choice of recipes prepared by each blogger being part of this event depends upon their choice.
Anyone interesting in joining us please leave your email id in the comment section and we will contact you.
Vegan-ism means abstaining form the use of animal products. Vegan peoples don't use dairy products,Eggs and other animal derived substances like honey. So we a bunch of food bloggers will be showcasing our vegan foods during thrusdays, This event will be held twice a month. We will be posting the first week's thrusday and last week's of everymonth. This Vegan thrusday Don't have any theme and the choice of recipes prepared by each blogger being part of this event is depend upon their choice.
Any on us, Interested in joining please leave your email id in the comment section and we will contact you.
Today am going to share and start this thursday with vegan chocolate muffins. Yes, today's recipe is free from any animal product its an "Applesauce Chocolate Muffins". This is my own innovation and experiment i did yesterday. Glad that my H and loved this muffins which is perfect for tea time and also a good filler. I used fat free apple sauce to make these scrumptious muffins they where super moist and we loved it a lot. So now i don't have to depend on milk and milk products any more to bake my cakes, cupcakes and muffins.
Difference between muffins and cupcakes is just that if we frost its cupcakes and muffins are served as is and not frosted. So these can be turned to cupcakes by frosting them with any frosting. So here is my first recipe for are "Vegan thursday" - "Applesauce chocolate Muffins".
Maida/All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Oil- 1 1/2 tbsp
Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
Applesauce - 1 1/2cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 mins. Sieve maida with baking powder ,baking soda and cocoa at least twice and keep aside.
- Add vanilla essence, sugar and give a quick stir.Add apple sauce little by little to the batter and mix them well with out any lump formation. Now your batter is ready.
- Meanwhile grease or line the muffin tray with muffin liners. Divide and fill 3/4 th of the the muffin liner's with batter . Note: You can even use your Ramekins to bake these muffins.
- Now bake the Muffins at 180 deg C/ 350 F for 40-45 mins or until a fork or tooth pick inserted at the center of the muffins comes out clean. Cool down the muffins for 10 mins and enjoy these vegan delights .
- For garnish i dusted some icing sugar on top of the cupcakes.
- Dry fruits or nuts can be added to this cake .
- You can also make vanilla flavor by just skipping the cocoa pd and adding extra maida / all purpose flour instead.
Plz hop to my friends place to see what they got of "Vegan thurdays" Sangee vijay, Nalini suresh, Viji, Priya suresh ,Vardhini, Divya prakash.
Sending to @Tangyminds.
Sending Mj delights
Sending to virundhu unna vaanga
Sending to Guru's cookingSending to Daily swadh sugandh