To kick start the up coming Christmas am here with a very fancy and perfect for the season . This month Our HBC host Priya Ranjit of Cook like priya had suggested wonderful array of recipes for this Christmas season. She had chosen a varieties of cookies , cakes and breads and I have here the first cookie from the list .As Christmas is not so long many will be looking for some seasonal recipes and so here is an exact cookie for the season .
I know every one love to make snowmen but it was fun work for me to make a snow men with cookie dough they looked so cute and my family enjoyed it a lot. Thanks to Priya Ranjit for suggesting such beautiful recipes. These snow men cookies were super yummy melt in mouth cookies and they look s fancy and attractive that no kid will refuse to adore it before enjoying these cookies . My kidooo just loved this snow man look and adored them before enjoying !! Lets move to the recipes ..
21/2 cups all-purpose flour / Maida
1 cup butter ( softened)
1/2 cup sugar (I used powdered)
1 tsp water
1/4 tsp almond extract/ Vanilla extract
Blue and Red liquid or paste food coloring ( you can use green instead of blue)
Black and orange jimmies or sprinkles ( I used sprinkler)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy . Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Place 1/3 cup each in two small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and blue/ green to the other.Keep it aside.
- Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-in. balls and twelve 1-1/2-in. balls. Place one smaller ball above one larger ball on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- For each snowman, shape 2 teaspoons of colored dough into a hat; place above head. For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-in. rope; twist ropes together, leaving one end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck. Insert jimmies for eyes and nose.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets.
- Store them in an air tight container and enjoy.