India is famous for its N number of gravies and choices of curries it provides to accompany the breads.Some are tomato onion based , some our curd based My family and H always love the onion tomato based gravy for any curry . This is one of his fav curry which i make for his lunch . This is super flavourful and yummy gravy which just tastes delicious and super yumm. If you are not a big lover of paneer mutter you can substitute paneer with baby corn and this will turn in to a delicious dairy free - A vegan gravy .
My mom used to make this gravy a lot , they taste extremely yummy when served hot with hot phulkas / Roti . I don't get fresh baby corn near my place so I used the canned one but they taste more yummy with fresh baby corn too. Lets move to the recipe of this vegan curry.
Baby Corn - 10 - 12 No ( I used can. If you are using fresh baby corn pressure cook then for 2 whistles )
Fresh Peas/ Mutter- 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 no Medium ( sliced)
Tomato - 2 no Medium ( chopped)
Green chillies - 2-3 No
Bay leaves - 1 No
Cloves - 2 No
Cinnamon stick - 1 No
Cardamom - 2 No ( Whole)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Red chilli pd - 1 tsp
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Coriander pd - 2 tsp
Cumin pd - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- In a sauce pan heat 1 tsp oil saute the onion and green chilli . Saute them till onion turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook them till the tomatoes turn mushy .
- Turn off the flame and transfer the sauteed onion tomatoes in a blender .
- After they cool grind them in to fine paste.
- In a sauce pan heat the rest oil , add bay leaf, clove, cinnamon,cardamom .
- After they pop add ginger garlic paste and saute for a while.
- Then add tomato onion paste boil them, after they boil add the dry masala - Red chilly pd , turmeric pd, coriander pd , cumin and garam masalaand saute them .
- Add the tinned baby corn / Boiled bay corn and Peas let them boil in the masala paste .
- Add water if necessary to get the gravy like consistency.
- Cook the veggies till done in the gravy and oil separates in the corner 's of the gravy .
- Serve this gravy hot with warm phulkas/ Roti .
Linking to Vegan thursday ..You can check the other members in this group - "Vegan Thursday" Here