For this month's fusion dessert preethi chose a very delicious and yummy fried dessert which is so addictive. As you know am a part of SFC group whose brain child is preeti of Simply Tadka . She suggested churros for this months fusion dessert. This was in my to do list and am happy that am made them atlast . Churros are striped pastry snack which also called as the famous Mexican fritters / Spanish dougnuts . My h just loved these fried delights a lot . Thanks to preeti for suggesting this yummy recipe.
Churros are made with all purpose flour they are made like a pastry like dough in which you don't have to work with dough a lot and they can be prepared in jiffy . These fried pastry strips are the rolled in sugar and cinnamon mixture . After which there is no need to resist yourself just dip in the chocolate sauce and enjoy them . They were so addictive and delicious ... So without any ado lets move to the recipe..
Water - 1 cup
Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 1/2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
1/2 cup white sugar with
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- In a sauce pan boil the water , after it start boiling turn off the heat .
- Combine flour, salt, oil together to form a soft dough .
- Heat the oil in a kadai / Wok for deep frying.
- Fill the dough into piping bag or murukku presser fitted with single star mould.
- When oil is hot enough, keeping the press over the oil, press it down into oil.
- Cut the batter with a knife while you press according to the length you want them to be.
- Fry on all sides until golden on simmer flame.
- Drain them on to a kitchen towel.
- You can cut it when it falls to the required length.
- For coating mix sugar and cinnamon, after frying all the churros just roll them on the prepared coating mixture.
- Serve them with chocolate sauce and enjoy !!