Cantaloupe is one my fav fruit , We generally cut them in cubes , add sugar and used to enjoy them. This is one fruits which we enjoy them raw and they are so delicious by itself. I love to experiment fruits in baking cakes and so I try to make use of fruit puree to make a vegan cake I have posted Pear puree cake already so this time I am up with another cantaloupe puree cake. I had tried this cake once and they turned out very delicious so this time thought to try them again to share with you all.
This cantaloupe cupcake is an vegan way to enjoy a soft and moist dessert. Cantaloupe gives a very delicious taste and we enjoyed them a lot . I used cream cheese frosting with cantaloupe puree infused in it so makes it more yummy. Over to the recipe..
1 1/2 Cup Maida / All pupose flour
2 cups cantaloupe puree
1 tsp Baking pd
1/2 Baking soda
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Oil
1 tsp Apple cider
Few Drops Vanilla extract
- Sift flour , baking pd and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients together - Cantaloupe puree,sugar,vanilla extract and oil
- Mix them well.At the same time preheat the oven at 350 F
- Now slowly fold the wet ingredients in to the dry flour mixture without any lumps.
- At the end add apple Cider and fold in the batter.
- Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liner and spoon the batter in the liner.
- Fill 3/4th of the cupcake liner with batter.
- Bake them in oven at 350 F for 15 to 20 mins till a tooth prick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool them on a wire rack and decorate them with frosting.
8 oz cream cheese , Softened
1/4 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Cantaloupe puree
3-4 cups sugar
- Whip butter and cream cheese using a hand mixer.
- Mix the cantaloupe puree and beat them well till combined.
- Add sugar and whip them till you get a fluffy and creamy frosting.
- Freeze them if you think the frosting is a bit flowy in consistency .
- Put them in piping bag and pipe them on cupcakes, enjoy !!
Linking this to Love to bake hosted By Spicy treats